Sélectionner une page

Students who participate in vocational training or experse learning programs and do not receive a salary are considered employees of the Ministry of Education for the purposes of WSIA coverage once the Work Training Agreement (MEA) form is completed and the internship begins (see the « Obtaining WSIA Coverage » section below). The Ministry requires school authorities to submit annually the total number of internship hours from September 1 to August 31 (the school year) for which the Ministry of Education has provided WSIA coverage to students participating in each of the following: The total number of internship hours reported must be based on cumulative data from all participating students. It is important that the hours reported are the actual hours during which a student participated in an internship. The WEA form must be completed for all students participating in work or experser learning programs. For students who do not receive a salary or are not covered by their employer, completing this form constitutes the agreement that the Ministry of Education is responsible for covering CSASA benefits. For students who receive a salary and are insured by their employer, completing the form determines that the employer is responsible for providing WSIA coverage. School boards must use a separate weA form for each student. If all relevant information is not available at the time of submission of the report on Form 7, the phrase « information to be followed » should be entered in the appropriate places. As soon as all the details are available, the report must be reservient. The student must sign the WEA form and indicate that they accept the coverage conditions set out in the form.

Parental consent4 is also required if a student is under the age of eighteen.5 The teacher and placement employer must also sign the WEA form. Interested parties must complete and sign a Vocational Training Agreement form before the student begins the on-the-job training program to ensure that CSASE coverage is provided by the Ministry of Education. .